Appeals court upholds 40
时间:2023-12-09 03:16:45 出处:교육阅读（143）
An appellate court on Wednesday upheld a 40-year prison sentence for a man charged with fatally stabbing the 8-year-old son of his ex-girlfriend after she had filed a complaint against him for stalking.
The 48-year-old is accused of stabbing the woman and her son during a dispute at the victim's house in Daegu, 240 kilometers southeast of Seoul, and killing the boy on Nov. 28.
The man was also charged with confining the woman in his car and attempting to rape her.
He confessed he committed the murder after the woman filed a complaint against him for stalking.
The Daegu High Court on Wednesday dismissed the appeals filed by both the defendant and prosecutors, and confirmed the lower court's conviction of 40 years. The court also ordered him to undergo 40 hours of sex offender treatment and wear an electronic tracking device for 20 years and banned him from working at child-related facilities for seven years.
The court stated that the defendant had premeditated the crime by preparing multiple weapons against the victim, and neglected the victim's call to save her son. (Yonhap)
- 송영길엔 선 그은 이준석 "이낙연 싫어할 이유 없다, 긍정적"
- 예술의전당 간 한동훈 화제 되자…野 "집에 스피커 두고 왜 가나"
- [Herald Interview] Singer
- [Korean History] 2002, when Korea soared through World Cup
- Citibank Korea hosts digital forum for corporate clients
- [Photo News] AI, conventional painting come together
- 'Frasier' returns to TV but you don't need to be a superfan of the original to laugh at its jokes
- Half of Loona restarts as quintet Loossemble
- Congresswoman redoubles calls for support to designate Nov. 22 as 'Kimchi Day'